Large signs reads, "Camp Adair, site of the cantonment where these divisions trained during World War II." They include the 70th, 91st, 96th, and 104th Infantry Divisions.
This ashtray advertised Albany Brewing Co, located on the NE corner of Ninth and Lyon. It reads "Albany Brewing Co. Famous Albany Beer; Strictly pure and nutritious; Albany, Oregon." The location is now covered by the overpass leading down to Lyon. c. 1900
Evelyn Burleson maps strategy in sand with two aviation students at the Albany airport.
Irvin's Garage, west side of Broadablin between Third and Fourth, c. 1908. Two cars are parked outside the building, which has signs that read, "Automobiles and Supplies"; "Cars for hire".
Photograph taken Oct. 8, 1931 of Albany Creamery Association, 400 West 2nd Street, corner of Washington Street.
Broadalbin and First Ave at Christmas, showing First National Bank Building, Dentist Dr. Mitchell, and First Christian Church down on 4th and Broadalbin. c. 1934-1938
Photograph of Post Engineers at Camp Adair Oregon in 1943.
Two men in white uniforms stand beside the single pump at the Red Crown Gas Station, Second & Ellsworth, c. 1912. The Albany Stables can been seen at the far left in this photo.
Photo of George Douglas standing in font of his plane, a Waco 10-0x5 single engine, at Albany Airport, 1929. George Douglas (born 1911), one of the early mangers of Albany Airport (Langmack Field) in the 1930s.
Albany Ice Works at the west end of Third, near Byrant's Park Bridge, c. 1906. This horse-drawn ice truck delivered ice to customer's doors daily in early Albany. A section of the ice house building still remains.
Photographic Print showing office of Curran & Monteith Real Estate office on W. First avenue Albany, Oregon. 8 inches by 10 inches overall, Picture is mounted on cardboard. There is 4 men, 3 standing, one sitting down, 1 young boy and one young lady all in front of doors to Real Estate office and a horse model selling horse equipment. Taken 1889.
The S.E. Young and Son store at First and Broadalbin, c. 1895. This building was moved by a team of horses in 1925 to Second and Lyon, where it still stands today where it houses the Albany Regional Museum.
Albany postal crew behind post office. Walt Worrell is at right of the lady. Monteith store is at right on Water and Ferry. c. 1905.
Photo of Willamette River flood dated February 4, 1890, damaged railroad track with several unknown men including Chinese workmen in coolie hats.
Interior of Clifford Walker's General Store and Shooting Gallery, 400 block of West First Avenue, c. 1914. Clifford later became a long time Albany florist: his father, Cyrus, was the first white, male child born west of the Mississippi.
Photographic Print on Postal card of Albany Bell telephone office when it first moved into the Burggraf Building on 2nd Ave in the 100 West block. Shows 5 women at telephone switchboard and 1 woman, Maybe the supervisor, seated at desk facing camera. Has names on back but are hard to read. c. 1900.
The installation of a telephone cable at Ellsworth Street and the alley north of First Avenue, c. 1900. The white building at the left was the early Demas Beach Hotel, dismantled in 1938. A young man sits on a seat hanging on the cable as he works.
Train wreck at Albany watershed, 1902. Bill Pirie, train expert, said that wreck was deliberately caused by crew because they were angry with bosses.
Robert Albert Bertram Veal and Percy R. Kelly at Water Ave. plant of Veal Chair Factory and their bikes. Kelly became a Circuit Court Judge and later a Justice on the Oregon Supreme Court. c. 1900.